Below you can read important information regarding pratical matters that are in force during the Corona lockdown.
Access to the library's buildings
- All our branches in Aalborg, Esbjerg and Copenhagen are closed to both students, staff and the general public.
Urgent need for material
- You can order material for pick-up or digitization via our special online ordering form
Delivery and return of books etc.
- Delivery: You can pick up ordred material on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 13:00-15:30, and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 15:00 - 17:00. You can only pick up your orders at the main library, Langagervej 2, 9220 Aalborg East. You will still receive a text message when the material is ready for pick-up.
- Return: You return the material in the drop box outside the main entrance at Langagervej 2. You can return books all day.
- Delivery: Material from our collection in Esbjerg is handed out outside AAU Niels Bohrs Vej 8, 6700 Esbjerg by direct appointment with the local AUB staff. Requested material from the collection in Aalborg is sent to you directly.
- Return: You can return material in the drop box outside the main entrance at Niels Bohrs Vej 8, 6700 Esbjerg at all hours.
- Delivery: Material is sent directly to you.
- Return: You can return material on Tuesdays between 9 am and 12, and Thursdays between 12 and 3 pm. at the main entrance to AAU Copenhagen, A.C. Mayers Vænge 15, 2450 København SV. We have set up a drop box where you can leave the books, and there is a phone number on the box that you can call in case you experience any problems.
Access to online resources
- The library's electronic collections accessible via Primo and our list of databases to the extent that it is possible.
special circumstances regarding e-resources
Law students and other Karnov users should notice that Karnov quite extraordinarily offers remote access to their products during the lockdown - http://zorac.aub.aau.dk/login?url=https://pro.karnovgroup.dk
Google Scholar links to much of the material that is currently uploaded as Open Access. It is important thay you perform a manual set up, to make sure that Google Scholar recognizes you when you are working from home.
- The library will not issue any recall notices until 8 June. Until then you will not receive recall notices/fees.
- Overdue requests will be deleted
- Other requests will be handled as soon as possible
- You can still make Primo requests. They wil be handled as soon as possible.
- Please delete any requests that no longer are of relevance to you.
CONTACT and assistance
- You can chat with us Monday - Thursday between 9 - 15:30, and Friday from 9 - 15:00
- We give virtual library sessions to the extent that it is possible.
- Inquiries regarding interlibrary loan, reference management and Copyright issues are handled as usual.
- You can contact Aalborg University Library at:
Aalborg: email@example.com or 9940 9400 (Monday - Thusday 9-17.30 + Friday 9-15)
Esbjerg: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9940 7649 (Monday - Friday 9-15)
Copenhagen: email@example.com or 9940 3858 (Monday - Thursday 9-16 + Friday 9-15)
NOTICE! The Covid-19 special agreement with Copydan regarding copying and scanning of Danish books.
Last update 22 May 2020.